The primary reason for hair loss could be traced to excess Pitta Dosha in the body. Hence the solution is to avoid having that excess. This is easily remedied by having a dietary regimen that would eliminate or lessen consumption of those foods that encourage increase or production of excess heat in the body.
Healthy locks would just be one benefit of this diet and for hair loss victims, this benefit is more than enough. There is more to it than this though. In the course of following the dietary suggestions, one would end up leaner, stronger and healthier also. Many followers of the diet have opted to continue with the regimen even when the hair problem is solved already. That is indeed a wise decision. As mentioned, this should become a lifestyle and not just a temporary treatment.
One thing you would notice is that the Ayurveda diet is easy to do. The dishes are easy to prepare, affordable and available in local grocery stores. They taste great, too. One can also start an indoor container gardening of some of the ingredients. These herbs and plants are low maintenance plus truly beneficial to one’s overall health.
Foods to take
Here are the recommended foods to consume with the Ayurveda Diet. These foods are rich in Vitamins C and B complex, important fatty acids, zinc and sulfur, which are known to make the roots of the hair really strong.
- High protein foods such as:
- Soya bean
- Seasonal vegetables and fruits (especially those that contain high fiber)
- Sprouts made from Chana dal or Moong
Part of the regimen is drinking 10 and more glasses of water every day. Doing this cleanses the body from accumulated toxins and wastes.
Foods to avoid
These foods can aggravate Pitta and cause increase heat to the body.
- Spicy foods
- Fried or greasy foods
- Sour foods
- White flour (pastries, bread, pasta, etc.)
- White sugar
- Junk foods (chips, candies, processed foods etc.)
- Foods with artificial colors and preservatives
- Excess intake of the following (you may consume these but in moderation)
On top of these, try to do the following recommended recipes and dishes to aid hair regrowth and stop hair loss.
- Drink 1/3 cup of aloe vera juice once a day or make a concoction of 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel and a pinch of cumin to be taken three times a day for 3 months. This has been effective in controlling and combatting hair fall. Watch out for diarrhea, as this is the side effect of aloe vera when taken in excess. Follow the recommended dosage only.
- Drinking fresh juices made from alfalfa, carrots, lettuce and spinach will aid hair regrowth.
- Add a spoonful of sesame seeds (white) every day to your breakfast. Sesame seeds are a great source of calcium and magnesium. These are the nutrients vital to bone health (remember for Ayurveda, hair needs the same nutrients as bones).
- Known to reduce hair fall and thinning to a large extent is the consumption of yogurt on a daily basis. Plus, yogurt contains good bacteria beneficial to the digestive system.
- Have large servings of high fiber fruits and vegetables to prevent constipation. When there is good bowel movement, the health of the hair also improves.
The Ayurveda diet guarantees stronger and healthier hair and prevention and control of hair fall. Try it today.